Bug 943 - Sometimes it is not possible to set a breakpoint
Summary: Sometimes it is not possible to set a breakpoint
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: Debugger ()
Version: 2.8 Beta 2
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: Normal critical
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2011-09-20 17:10 UTC by Miguel de Icaza [MSFT]
Modified: 2011-12-12 17:48 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED FIXED

Description Miguel de Icaza [MSFT] 2011-09-20 17:10:16 UTC
This bug will happen after a few times.   It does not happen always, but when it does, I have found that the only way of getting things back to work are to either quick MonoDevelop 2.8 beta 2, or to close the solution and reopen it.

The following screencast shows this with TweetStation:

http://screencast.com/t/NJh9FXbgtx

It does not happen always, I had to shoot this video twice to get it to happen
Comment 1 Jeffrey Stedfast 2011-12-12 17:48:08 UTC
I've seen this sort of bug when working with someone else's project (where they had breakpoints set before zipping it up and sending it to me) which suggested to me that MD wasn't doing something right with file paths and breakpoint markers.

At least in my case, that is what was happening and I've now fixed it in git master.

This could also happen if your checkout of TweetStation was simply moved to a new location on the filesystem when there had been breakpoints set before the move.

Tentatively closing as FIXED.