Bug 8509 - Localize XIB Files
Summary: Localize XIB Files
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: iOS
Classification: Xamarin
Component: General ()
Version: 6.0.x
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: Untriaged
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2012-11-19 15:39 UTC by Pierce Boggan [MSFT]
Modified: 2012-11-21 12:09 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED FIXED

Description Pierce Boggan [MSFT] 2012-11-19 15:39:49 UTC
Not sure if this is a MonoTouch bug, MonoDevelop bug, both, or not even a bug, but I've been having issues getting it to work.

I'm trying to generate localized XIBs using the "Make Localized" button in Xcode. The only option it provides is English, despite the es.lproj and fr.lproj folders being there. Could it be that Xcode isn't picking these up as they should after opening up the main XIB in MonoDevelop? I'm not all that familiar with localizing XIBs in this manner, so perhaps I am just not following the correct steps.

Note: The default method of using a Localizable.strings works just fine for me!
Comment 3 David Hoffmann 2012-11-21 10:25:22 UTC
I have the same problem with the storyboad.

And after generated the localized files I get three storyboard files..

- the original
- en.lproj
- french.lproj

-->> the my screenshots
Comment 4 David Hoffmann 2012-11-21 10:57:47 UTC
http://screencast.com/t/BTy4brwDDy

At the making of "screencast" I found that if I put the storyboard in the root directory that there is not "null"
Comment 5 Jeffrey Stedfast 2012-11-21 12:09:58 UTC
Thanks! Just fixed this in MonoDevelop (md-addins git commit a57157a2cf0f5afaa5555ad73aece5fa4b5d9ff2)