Bug 8214 - High cpu usage
Summary: High cpu usage
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Runtime
Classification: Mono
Component: General ()
Version: unspecified
Hardware: PC Linux
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2012-11-05 03:36 UTC by bargeoffroy
Modified: 2012-11-19 06:11 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on GitHub or Developer Community with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED FIXED

Description bargeoffroy 2012-11-05 03:36:18 UTC
Hi,

I deployed my software using fastcgi-mono-server2 hosted on Nginx webserver

After an random delay, I can see mono CPU usage growing to 100%

I tried several versions of Mono (like 2.10.9 and 2.6.7)
I tried also an other webserver : Apache and the same way ...


----------------------------------------------------------------
My configuration :

nginx/0.7.67
spawn-fcgi v1.6.3 (ipv6) - spawns FastCGI processes
fastcgi-mono-server2 2.11
mono 2.10.9 compiled from GIT 

OS used : (AMD64)
Distributor ID: Debian
Description:    Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.6 (squeeze)
Release:        6.0.6
Codename:       squeeze
----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your help
Comment 1 Mikayla Hutchinson [MSFT] 2012-11-05 15:37:20 UTC
Could you attach a "kill -QUIT" backtrace of the process?
Comment 2 bargeoffroy 2012-11-07 03:34:34 UTC
I try to run "kill -QUIT PID_OF_MONO_PROCESS" but nothing displayed and mono process continue with all CPU avalaible 

/usr/local/bin/mono /usr/local/lib/mono/2.0/fastcgi-mono-server2.exe /applications=/:<my_application_directory> /socket=tcp:127.0.0.1:9001

  PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
12741 <my_user> 20   0 3498m 2.5g  14m S  400 64.8   3792:29 mono

It's very strange
Comment 3 Mikayla Hutchinson [MSFT] 2012-11-07 13:41:20 UTC
The stacktraces get printed to the output of the Mono process, not the terminal in which you issue the kill -QUIT.
Comment 4 bargeoffroy 2012-11-19 06:11:47 UTC
Hi,

I tested the same program on Mono 3.0 and i don't reproduce problem.

Also with mono stack trace, I locate one problem in thread management in my program.
It's now correctly run on 2.10.9 

I close this "bug"