Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
GitHub or Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I was working with MonoDevelop and I realized that there was a thread consuming all CPU. I don't know what I was doing when it started. I attached gdb and I got some stack traces of the thread consuming the CPU:
This is the full thread dump:
And this is what I got when I sampled the process using the activity monitor:
Running on MacOSX Mountain Lion
Mono JIT compiler version 2.10.10 (mono-2-10/4025e28 Mon Oct 29 12:20:31 EDT 2012)
Added a workaround in master.