Bug 7911 - Tools -> Database -> Query database crashes MonoDevelop 3.0.4.6
Summary: Tools -> Database -> Query database crashes MonoDevelop 3.0.4.6
Status: RESOLVED NOT_ON_ROADMAP
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: Database ()
Version: 3.0.x
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2012-10-19 11:03 UTC by matthew
Modified: 2016-12-16 17:10 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments
The is the report generated by Mac OSX on Force Quit of MonoDevelop (320.40 KB, text/plain)
2012-10-19 11:03 UTC, matthew
Details


Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED NOT_ON_ROADMAP

Description matthew 2012-10-19 11:03:54 UTC
Created attachment 2765 [details]
The is the report generated by Mac OSX on Force Quit of MonoDevelop

The crash is instant and fatal; View details does not function; Monodevelop then hangs and fails to terminate properly, requiring a manual Force Quit.

This began to happen after adding an MySql database connection (previously working fine), then attempting to generate a Linq class, then editing the name of the database connection.  There is another connection which is not available at the moment.

I've tried disabling the Database Add-ins and re-enabling them.  I removed the offending database connections; others can be seen from the Database Browser and appear to function properly.

I doubt the attached trace will shed much light but here it is anyway...about 5k lines long...

I'm almost completely new to MonoDevelop so please forgive any clumsiness about this, my first bug report!
Comment 1 Greg Munn 2016-12-16 17:10:39 UTC
The database addin is no longer supported.