Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
** Quick facts:
MonoTouch iOS application in MonoDevelop 220.127.116.11 downloaded from xamarin.com, running on OSX 10.7.5
Dropped SqlMapper.cs from the Dapper project into my solution, in a path/folder structure like this: "ThirdParty\Dapper".
After adding I tried to open SqlMapper.cs for viewing in MonoDevelop, but this causes the application to hang : "Application not responding".
Note: I don't actually know if Dapper can be used in iOS apps, I'm trying to find that out! But why should the IDE crash when opening a simple file? Something is clearly wrong :-)
** More facts:
Url to Dapper: https://github.com/SamSaffron/dapper-dot-net/tree/master/Dapper.
** MonoDevelop version info:
Installation UUID: 08ba4de8-3a5e-45f2-b462-be851b3cd8c5
Mono 2.10.9 (tarball)
Package version: 210090011
Apple Developer Tools:
Xcode 4.5 (1839)
Monotouch: 6.0.4 (Evaluation)
Mono for Android: Not Installed
Release ID: 30004007
Git revision: ea0108260c6a376ecaeffcdb7d03387bd51edda3
Build date: 2012-09-17 14:09:17+0000
Xamarin addins: ec43fd5cb223ead4234a9858d1b56eef03dad53a-dirty
Mac OS X 10.7.5
Darwin **.local 11.4.2 Darwin Kernel Version 11.4.2
Thu Aug 23 16:25:48 PDT 2012
I've problems reproducing the crash - you didn't get a .NET exception right ?
I assume it's a gtk issue then (in that case I think it's fixed - I'm working with a newer gtk version that contains much bugfixes in this direction).
Created attachment 2753 [details]
Zipped .cs file which actually contains HTML, and makes MonoDevelop crash
Intended to download a c# file from github.com, but made a mistake and got a file full of HTML instead (an error page or similar).
Trying to open this file with MonoDevelop causes it to crash for some reason.
Hi Mike, thanks for the feedback. It's not a .NET exception - the monodevelop process actually hangs in OS X. So yes, it could very likely be a problem in some unmanaged code.
I realized that I'd gotten the download wrong, and the file actually contains ~1 MB of HTML. I've attached it so you can try opening it if you have the time.