Bug 7486 - Renaming new uncommitted file prevents it from entering the index
Summary: Renaming new uncommitted file prevents it from entering the index
Status: RESOLVED INVALID
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: Version Control ()
Version: Trunk
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Alan McGovern
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2012-09-26 20:10 UTC by Frank A. Krueger
Modified: 2012-11-20 16:04 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED INVALID

Description Frank A. Krueger 2012-09-26 20:10:19 UTC
Given a project under GIT version control:

1. Create a new file
2. Rename it
3. Commit

You will see that the new file (with its new new name) is uncommitted.
Comment 1 Alan McGovern 2012-11-19 11:39:10 UTC
Were you testing with ui-refresh? I just tested with the latest build from ui-refresh and everything worked as expected. An exact set of repro steps would be great.

I did:
1) I created a project and closed MonoDevelop
2) I placed it under version control by running git init && git add * && git commit in a terminal
3) I reopened the project 
4) I added a new file (it showed up in the status window as being added and ready to commit to git)
5) I renamed it
6) The status window updated correctly once I clicked 'Refresh'
7) I renamed it again and hit refresh. The status window was correct again
8) I committed the change
Comment 2 Frank A. Krueger 2012-11-20 16:04:12 UTC
I can no longer get this to repro. It first happened when I was refactoring with classes, but doesn't seem to happen on wrench builds.

The "add icon" is removed from the file in the solution explorer when you do a refactor rename, but it is still in the index correctly.