Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Given a project under GIT version control:
1. Create a new file
2. Rename it
You will see that the new file (with its new new name) is uncommitted.
Were you testing with ui-refresh? I just tested with the latest build from ui-refresh and everything worked as expected. An exact set of repro steps would be great.
1) I created a project and closed MonoDevelop
2) I placed it under version control by running git init && git add * && git commit in a terminal
3) I reopened the project
4) I added a new file (it showed up in the status window as being added and ready to commit to git)
5) I renamed it
6) The status window updated correctly once I clicked 'Refresh'
7) I renamed it again and hit refresh. The status window was correct again
8) I committed the change
I can no longer get this to repro. It first happened when I was refactoring with classes, but doesn't seem to happen on wrench builds.
The "add icon" is removed from the file in the solution explorer when you do a refactor rename, but it is still in the index correctly.