Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create any valid XML layout file and save it.
2. Add any valid android layout tag (such as <LinearLayout>) but don't include the closing tag.
3. Close the file and reopen it.
4. You will get an error stating the layout couldn't be loaded.
5. To get the layout to load you will need to fix the file in an external editor.
Closing the file in the "layout could not be loaded state" sometimes results in MD crashing...
If it happens again I will try to get crash info...
A fix for this issue will be included in Mono for Android 4.2.8