Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 2403 [details]
A different working implementation that cannot resolve the Resources.
Recently cloned the monodroid-samples from github. The ActionBarSherlock demo seems to be working in a very basic implementation. However, it does lack many classes that *are included* in the zip file.
For example, when examining the DLL that is built from the library project I find that the following classes, although in the library project zip, haven't been built accordingly:
A fellow programmer seems to have figured out an implementation (http://goo.gl/wXNBX) that includes these missing classes, however he is unable to get his "R" file to apply cleanly, and if you use a SherlockFragmentActivity his project will crash.
This was recently fixed in monodroid-samples, as now it explicitly adds support-v4.jar as ReferenceJar.
For reference, see also: http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/monodroid/2012-August/012027.html
The missing R issue should be already resolved in 4.2.5.
Sorry, I don't know if I should re-open this or not. I see that the new support-v4 ReferenceJar has been added, but still I don't see any of the Fragment methods that ActionBarSherlock provides.
I have pulled the latest commits from monodroid-samples library, but still I am unable to get this working.
Thanks for the heads up, now I made another fix that should really fill the missing bits.