Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I am having an issue where MonoDevelop has suddenly (just on this machine, OpenSuse 12.1 x86-64) decided that it isn't going to keep track of files in sub-directories in subversion. This started 2 days ago, removing and reinstalling subversion and MonoDevelop does not fix the situation.
I go to Version Control, navigate to my SVN repository and pull a Directory down that contains essentially a solution file, sub-directories that each contain a project file, with files, and further nested directories/files. Once it finishes MonoDevelop sees all files and projects but does not reckognize that anything beyond the Solution File is version controlled.
I have verified looking in the .svn directory at the sqlite database that all files are being tracked and handled by subversion, so this is definitely a MonoDevelop issue. I have attempted to trick MonoDevelop by using SVN to individual pull each directory down (creating a .svn directory for each one) so when I open the solution in MonoDevelop it sees that the Solution File is Controlled, the Project Files are controlled and all files that are contained in the same directory as the .svn directories. HOWEVER, all nested directories beyond that are not treated as version controlled.
I'm not getting any errors when doing this. As far as I know nothing has really changed in the last 2 days on this machine, and I have an almost identical setup on another machine that doesn't have any issues and is using all the same versions. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
I should note that if i add a project that is version controlled, MonoDevelop is not attempting (anymore) to see if it is version controlled. It just seems to no longer recourse forwards and backwards (or read the sqlite file correctly, however its done behind the scenes).
I'm consistently running into this issue and mostly appears to be when the files were not originally started on the machine. So for example if i started a new solution and built a bunch of project files and then add them to a SVN repository and pull them back down, they work fine. If I do the same thing on another machine, then pull the repository down on another, i Have this issue.
I'm not sure if its an OpenSuse "specific" problem but as of right now I would consider SVN support broken on a run of the mill OpenSuse 12.x install of MonoDevelop.
The problem is probably that you are using Subversion 1.7, which is not yet fully supported by MD.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 5525 ***