Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Windows, VS2017, Xamarin.Forms 126.96.36.19971-pre2 project based on .NET Standard
- Create a blank Forms app and add UWP as a target platform.
- In the generated Mainpage.cs override OnAppearing() and OnDisappearing() and put log statements into them
- In Main.xaml.cs set the MainPage property to a "new NavigationPage(new MainPage())"
- Run the app on Windows 10 locally
- Notice how OnAppearing() is called, followed immediately by OnDisappearing()
Correct call of lifecycle methods. OnDisappearing should not be called in this scenario.
- Removing the NavigationPage() fixes the problem
Demo project is attached.
Created attachment 25617 [details]
I know that it is confirmed, but since I'm having this issue I just would like to +1 here :)
+1 for this. I struggled long and hard with this issue.
I also stumbled over this. As I already built a repro project before searching here, I also raised a GitHub Issue https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/issues/1602. Maybe that makes them more aware of the problem.
Should be fixed on 2.6.0-pre1