Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 25504 [details]
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- see attachments - xamarin_forms_label_test.zip
- run the app on Android 4.0.3 or 4.1.2 (the 4.1.2 emulator from Android SDK works for sure)
- click Go To Next Page
- two lines of text appear (line1, line2)
- background task waits 7 seconds, then updates Label - adds line3
- problem: line3 is not shown (height of Label is not recalculated)
Can be reproduced with Xamarin Forms 126.96.36.19942 and Xamarin Forms 188.8.131.5271-pre2
Exactly these conditions must be met for it to be reproducible:
- must be Android 4.0.3 or 4.1.2, maybe some newer, but not e.g. 7.1.1 (on 7.1.1, it works correctly)
- Label must be in ScrollView and then StackLayout - leaving out ScrollView or StackLayout causes correct behavior
- we must update the Label text later, not directly in Page2 constructor (as you can see, constructor adds 2 lines (line1 and line2) and the height is calculated correctly here)
- Page2 has to be pushed to stack of a NavigationPage - it works correctly if Page2 is directly passed to constructor of NavigationPage as the root page (that's why there is Page1 with the big button)
Occurred on a 4.2.2 emulator as well; will set to confirmed until further investigation can be made.
I'm also experiencing this issue. Labels sometimes won't render at all and it's only happening in Android 4.1. I had to downgrade to Xamarin.Forms 2.3 to get things workings again.
Tested on Android 4.1.2:
- Works in Xamarin.Forms.184.108.40.206
- Broken in Xamarin.Forms.220.127.116.11020
This is very likely duplicate of https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=60155
This issue has been migrated to https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/issues/1332. Please follow that issue for updates. Thanks!