Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report for Bug 60210 on
Developer Community or GitHub if you have new
information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.
If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the
In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments:
GitHub Markdown with public comments
Created attachment 25320 [details]
The peek/pop functionality exposed via xamarin forms UIViewControllerPreviewingDelegate sometimes stops the UI from being updated.
No errors specific to this issue are appear to be logged in the debug output
I have attached a simple testbed to repro the problem.
- build and deploy testbed app on iPhone supporting 3D touch
- repeatedly apply pressure to the screen to reveal the "peek" view
- as soon as peek view is displayed remove finger then immediately try again
- after around 20 - 40 reps the UI will freeze in the popped state (e.g peek view displayed with blurred background)
- looking at debug messages the app seems to still be responsive but the display is no longer updated
- this only seems to happen when running on a device and not in the simulator
This seems to be due to 2 factors:
- excessive time taken in the GetViewControllerForPreview method (e.g. view model contruction )
-- the testbed uses a Task.Delay to simulate work done in the contruction of the view / view model
- complexity of form to be rendered in the peek view
This seems to be an issue in the Forms code. Can you please provide the full environment information so that we can correctly assign the bug?
- We debug on Windows 7 with visual studio 2015
- Visual studio connects to Mac to build app on device
- Xamarin forms version="188.8.131.52" targetFramework="portable45-net45+win8+wpa81"
- Using Xamarin 10.12
Product is forms, but I've set the component to iOS as its an iPhone specific issue, is that correct?
Also, let me know if you require any further environment details.
Make sense. The best way to get the full information of you environment on Windows VS is -> "Help menu", "About Microsoft Visual Studio" item.
Then copy/paste the version information (you can use the "Copy Information" button).
That contains all the information. The bug has been confirmed. Someone in the forms team should reach you about any other possible information.
Created attachment 25506 [details]
full env info
full environment info attached
thanks - I've attached the full env as a file as its rather large.
any ideas about this issue?
Let me ping someone from the Forms team. They should have taken a look at it.