Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
NUnit tests run much slower in version 3.0.x than in 2.8.x. I'm working on an application with lots of unit tests and it's almost impossible to run them in Monodevelop 3.0.x.
Note that this only happens on Linux with Mono 2.10.8. In Windows there are no issues using MS .NET (not tested with Mono), everything runs correctly. I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 with NUnit 2.5.10. With Monodevelop 2.8.x, tests run fine in both operating systems.
1. Look at the attached file. Open src/Stratos/Stratos.sln with Monodevelop 3.0.x
2. Right click on the "Tests" solution folder and click on "Compile" as many times as needed (sometimes it doesn't detect than some files were already compiled).
3. Open the "Unit testing" view and run the tests under the assembly "Stratos.ModeloObjetos.Tests".
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 but using Monodevelop 2.8.x.
You'll see that Monodevelop 3.0.x is much slower than version 2.8.x.
Just in case more information about the tests is needed: Unit tests under the "Stratos.ModeloObjetos.Tests" assembly use SQLite in memory to run some CRUD operations. We are using Hibernate. If you want to test with no database operation involved, run for example the unit tests under "Stratos.Tests" assembly.
The sources can be downloaded from here:
The solution has a compile time dependecy on '/lib/boo/booi.exe'. I'm not sure where to get that. Can you let me know what version of it I need to compile your solution?
Alternatively if you could compile your entire solution and then tarball that, i should be able to just run the tests using the precompiled binaries in the solution tree.
Alan, sorry, I forgot to mention some things. First of all, you can download the sources from the link above again, as I fixed some things:
And here you have the tests binaries:
Things I forgot to mention:
- You need boo and the slice2cs command (ZeroC Ice version 3.4.2 is the version I have, which is included in the most important linux distros). They should be included in your PATH variable.
- You can compile the solution by going to 'src/Stratos' and type "make" and then run the unit tests by typing "make test". *This is the important point*: when you compile and run the unit tests from the console using "make", they run normally, no slow down.
- Don't worry if you get failures in the unit tests, that's a problem of mine :)
This bug has been in the NEEDINFO state with no changes for the last 90 days. Can we put this back into the NEW or CONFIRMED state, or are we still awaiting response?
If there is no change in the status of this bug over the next two weeks, this bug will be marked as NORESPONSE.
This bug has not been changed from the NEEDINFO state since my previous comment, marking as RESOLVED NORESPONSE.
Please feel free to REOPEN this bug at any time if you are still experiencing the issue. Please add the requested information and set the bug back to the NEW (or CONFIRMED) state.