Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I misplaced a </ScrollView> tag in the Source tab of the designer in MonoDevelop. I went back to the Content tab and it shows the error "The layout could not be loaded. Layout resource could not be found". I then closed the window and tried to open the axml by opening it with the Source Code Editor. I made the changes to fix the axml but then the Source Code Editor tab would not save. It gave me this exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'Z:\Dropbox\MobiCover Projects\Hollard\Hollard\Hollard\Resources\Layout\.#Disclaimer.axml' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Mono.TextEditor.Utils.TextFileUtility.WriteText(String fileName, String text, Encoding encoding, Boolean hadBom)
at MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.SourceEditorView.Save(String fileName, Encoding encoding)
at MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.SourceEditorView.Save(String fileName)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object parameters)
at MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.CommandHandlerInfo.Run(Object cmdTarget, Command cmd)
at MonoDevelop.Components.Commands.CommandManager.DispatchCommand(Object commandId, Object dataItem, Object initialTarget, CommandSource source)
So basically I then have to close and open MonoDevelop, make a change, hope it works, if it doesn't I have to close the designer, close MD, reopen MD, edit in Source Code Editor and try the designer. If it breaks the cycle starts from scratch.
Using MD 184.108.40.206 and MfA 4.2.3
I have the same Problem with MD 220.127.116.11 and MfA 4.2.4
This looks like it may be the same issue that I reported as bug: 7395. It's incredibly frustrating. I have to use the normal text editor.