Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
GitHub or Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
The current API has a number of problems:
* Callbacks and flags can't be changed at runtime because the API only allows modifying the most recently installed profiler (!).
* Multiple callbacks are registered through the same install function, making it awkward to add new callbacks.
* A number of callbacks in the API are not properly guarded by an event flag.
* There are some callbacks that serve no actual purpose (e.g. individual class unloading has never been a thing in Mono).
* The call chain API has not been used or tested for years.