Bug 5672 - Semantic highlight shows all red items when loading up a project
Summary: Semantic highlight shows all red items when loading up a project
Status: RESOLVED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: Text Editor ()
Version: 3.0.x
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: Low normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Mike Krüger
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2012-06-15 11:08 UTC by Chris Hardy [MSFT]
Modified: 2012-07-18 03:16 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE

Description Chris Hardy [MSFT] 2012-06-15 11:08:45 UTC
Sometimes when loading project, the semantic highlighting shows everything as red even though if you add something into the file, everything gets picked up correctly and even before then the project builds as expected.

Running MonoDevelop 3.0.3.1 beta.

http://screencast.com/t/vAswhtObQPY
Comment 1 Mike Krüger 2012-06-15 11:30:14 UTC
Can I repro it somehow ? But after a change (adding a space) the file gets correctly colored ?
Comment 2 Chris Hardy [MSFT] 2012-06-15 11:36:17 UTC
If I open up the Xamarin_site project and then close it and open a Mono for Android project, it causes the issue, here's a short video: http://screencast.com/t/RNLcWVqd9

But not sure if this is related, I have seen it "randomly" when opening up a sln file with both iOS and Android project. Seems like a weird timing thing.
Comment 3 Mikayla Hutchinson [MSFT] 2012-06-15 18:12:19 UTC
.
Comment 4 Mike Krüger 2012-06-19 05:20:37 UTC
It needs yet to happen on my computer - I assume a race in the semantic highlighter.
Comment 5 Mike Krüger 2012-07-18 03:16:56 UTC
I need a use case for that, hasn't happend for me yet. There were some issues in the type system service that may've caused that (missing locks), but I think I've got them all now.