Bug 56543 - Xamarin.Auth on Android, unable to delete account from accountstore using synchronous method.
Summary: Xamarin.Auth on Android, unable to delete account from accountstore using syn...
Status: NEEDINFO
Alias: None
Product: Components
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Xamarin Components ()
Version: Dev (addons.xamdev.com)
Hardware: PC Windows
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Miljenko Cvjetko Mel
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2017-05-17 07:37 UTC by Rob Houweling
Modified: 2017-07-06 19:40 UTC (History)
6 users (show)

Tags: 15.2I
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report for Bug 56543 on Developer Community or GitHub if you have new information to add and do not yet see a matching new report.

If the latest results still closely match this report, you can use the original description:

  • Export the original title and description: Developer Community HTML or GitHub Markdown
  • Copy the title and description into the new report. Adjust them to be up-to-date if needed.
  • Add your new information.

In special cases on GitHub you might also want the comments: GitHub Markdown with public comments

Related Links:
Status:
NEEDINFO

Description Rob Houweling 2017-05-17 07:37:26 UTC
# Steps to reproduce
I delete an account from the account store using the code below. When debugging, in the code followed after the deletion, the accountstore contains no more accounts (there was only 1 in the store before the deletion). After restarting the app, the account is available in the accountstore again. I tested it once with the DeleteAsync method which did appear to work. However I had to downgrade to 4.4.0.34 because of another bug (https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=56275).

The code I used:
using accountStore.Delete(account, Constants.AccesStoreName);

# Expected behavior
After deletion of an account in the accountstore and restarting the app, the account should still be deleted.

# Actual behavior
After deletion of an account in the accountstore and restarting the app, the account is back in the store. Looks like it's not being purged or something.

# Supplemental info (logs, images, videos)
After reinstalling Xamarin 4.4.0.34 it worked again. Users can't logout of my app using 15.2 so this is a pretty painful issue.

# Test environment (full version information)
I used Xamarin 15.2 on VS2015 with all of the updates installed. I now reinstalled 4.4.0.34 as mentioned above, so I excluded that information from below.
Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2015
Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.7.02046
Comment 1 Jose Gallardo 2017-05-18 13:56:07 UTC
Updating the Product, for better visibility.
Thanks for reporting.
Comment 2 Jon Douglas [MSFT] 2017-06-26 18:09:10 UTC
Updating the product for better visibility. The product in question is Xamarin.Auth:

https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Auth

For whatever reason, the sync method simply calls the DeleteAsync method. I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but it doesn't seem right to me.

https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Auth/blob/c584e5395f598b98b82bd22cfe079f135b0ffeda/source/Xamarin.Auth.XamarinAndroid/PlatformSpecific/AndroidAccountStore.Async.cs#L76-L84

Which then eventually tries to save itself:

https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Auth/blob/c584e5395f598b98b82bd22cfe079f135b0ffeda/source/Xamarin.Auth.XamarinAndroid/PlatformSpecific/AndroidAccountStore.Async.cs#L63-L74

Regardless of this, we will need a reproduction project to demonstrate what you're running into. Please upload and attach a sample project demonstrating this behavior if you can.

This will help prioritize this issue getting resolved much faster!