Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I've got a MonoTouch project which requires different Info.plist for different configurations. I'm using s pre-build step to copy a different .plist in, depending on the selected config.
That part works however, when the build goes to do the bundle signing it often gets confused and reports errors that there's no matching provisioning profile, or the selected profile doesn't match.
If I close and re-open the solution I notice that it displays "Detecting signing identity..." and then works fine.
Ideally there would be a better way of having different info.plist files for different configurations, but at least if the signing identity could be re-detected after switching configurations it would be enough to go on with.
The code that detects whether or not something needs to be rebuilt compares the timestamps of the source files with the output files.
When you change configuration, it does not cause any timestamps on any source files to change (which is normally ok if each configuration has a different output directory, which by default they do).
We do want to have a better way of defining which Info.plist to use for each configuration, though.
Signing identity is detected at the beginning of the build. Probably what's happening is that the Info.plist is copied after that, or that the info.plist is being loaded/cached by MD before the prebuild.
I'm going to mark this as a duplicate of bug #9767 because I think that'll become the right way to solve this once it's been implemented.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 9767 ***
Actually ,this should be a duplicate of bug #1118, sorry.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1118 ***