Bug 5482 - MonoDoc exited with a [sic] exit code = 134
Summary: MonoDoc exited with a [sic] exit code = 134
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: Documentation ()
Version: 2.8 beta 3
Hardware: PC Linux
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2012-06-02 22:42 UTC by Paul Sleigh
Modified: 2012-08-12 11:12 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED FIXED

Description Paul Sleigh 2012-06-02 22:42:36 UTC
Standard MonoDevelop install on Ubuntu 12.04.  Created an empty Gtk# 2.0 solution, ran it just to make sure that compilation was working and so on, the pressed F1 to see if MonoDoc had installed OK.  It was there, but when I closed the window I got the error message, "MonoDoc exited with a exit code = 134".  (This also triggered Ubuntu's irritating error-reporting system dialog, but never mind that since it never works anyway.)

There's the cosmetic problem (in English, it should be "an exit code" rather than "a exit code") and the irritating but presumably harmless matter of the error code.

Expected behaviour: MonoDoc window should close without complaint.
Actual behaviour: foolish error message.
Comment 1 Antonius Riha 2012-08-12 03:21:51 UTC
Pull request to fix exit issue already applied: https://github.com/mono/mono-tools/commit/8f8dbe245b3fb7f69b95234c6098739c4cec7000

Pull request to fix error message pending: https://github.com/mono/monodevelop/pull/213
Comment 2 Antonius Riha 2012-08-12 10:13:37 UTC
Pull request to fix error message applied:
https://github.com/mono/monodevelop/commit/0c35b0e1dcb4a3f5be9f6c38a069cd38408cd0d8
Comment 3 Alan McGovern 2012-08-12 11:12:03 UTC
Thanks, the patches have been applied now.