Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
With release 2.3.4, a fix for Time Picker popup has been delivered to make sure Picker popup matches the 12h/24h settings of the Device: https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/654.
Still there is inconsistency, in how editor displays (popup is closed) displays time.
Consider the following scenario:
1) Select Android device language with AM/PM culture (e.g. English (United States);
2) In Date and time settings of the device, enable "Use 24-hour format" setting;
3) Run the app with Time Picker.
* Editor (popup is closed) displays time in AM/PM format;
* Time Picker popup allows 24-h selection.
When 24-hour format setting is enabled (and supported by selected device language):
* Editor displays time in 24-h format;
* Time Picker popup displays 24-h picker
When AM/PM format is enabled:
* Editor displays time in AM/PM format;
* Time Picker popup displays AM/PM picker
Suspected root cause:
With PR 654, popup now utilizes android's is24HourFormat() function that does the job as expected.
Editor text, uses standard ToString() function that relies on CurrentCulture (only selected device language) and does not know about "Use 24-hour format" setting.
Created attachment 21336 [details]
I am seeing the issue described with the project I am attaching.
While the picker itself matches the device's 24h setting, the Entry that displays the time selected only supports 12h. This means that if a user selects 16:00 in the picker, the Entry will display 4:00PM.
### Steps to Reproduce
1. Set the device to use 24hr time
2. Run the attached Android project
3. Select a time after 12:00
4. Press Okay
### Expected Results
The Entry will display the time selected
### Actual Results
The time in the Entry is converted to 12h
### Version Tests
Should be fixed on 2.4.1-pre1