Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 20435 [details]
VisualStudio 2015 version information
When creating a new "Class Library (Xamarin.Forms)" project with belonging new solution the created project always has the same GUID: 67F9D3A8-F71E-4428-913F-C37AE82CDB24
You can also find some public repositories referring this GUID.
VisualStudio version info: see attachment
- start Visual Studio 2015
- on "start page" select "New Project..."
- select "Installed > Templates > Visual C# > Cross-Platform > Class Library (Xamarin.Forms)"
When inspecting the created *.csproj file or the *.sln file, the project always gets the same GUID:
PROBLEM WAS DECTECTED THIS WAY:
- we have a master solution with a PCL UI project.
- other sub solutions shall refer to the projects of the master solution (done by importing those projects into the sub solution
- when using those sub solutions, the sub solution detected the duplicat GUIDs and changed the GUID of the master-project.
- when using the master solution, the GUID of the master-project was changed back again.
- during check in into GIT these GUID changes were observed again and again.
- create the project and solution as described above
- delete the project in the solution
- delete the project folder in the file system
- create the project within the solution again via "Add > New Project..."