Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Exactly as the summary states. There is nothing to tell users that Azure bits are required for the "Host in the cloud" option to be enabled when creating a Connected Template. This affects both VS2017 and VS2015.
VS2017 requires the Azure Workload to be installed for the option to be enabled.
VS2015 requires some Azure tools for this to work (see comment below)
1) Do not have the Azure Workload installed if using VS2017. Do not have the above tools installed if using VS2015.
2) Start Visual Studio
3) Select File > New > Project > Cross-Platform > Cross Platform App (Xamarin.Forms or Native)
4) Select the Master Detail template option
Actual: "Host in the cloud" option is greyed out, there is no feedback as to why.
Expected: Some form of feedback which lets the user know what actions to take. Here are some proposals:
- Text next to the option explaining what actions need to be taken
- Some clickable text that brings users to a webpage that informs them on what to do. This is similar to the "?" that is next to the Code Sharing Strategy label.
- A hover tooltip explaining what to do. The least apparent of these options imo
Reproducible in XVS 22.214.171.1244 (73f58d6/cycle9)
env info: https://gist.github.com/BenBeckley/231814fa50da58c230456d6d06918801