Bug 52697 - Intellisense no longer works after upgrading to XS 6.2 (build 1821)
Summary: Intellisense no longer works after upgrading to XS 6.2 (build 1821)
Status: RESOLVED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: General ()
Version: 6.2.0 (C9)
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: --- normal
Target Milestone: master
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2017-02-23 05:06 UTC by Cliff Cawley
Modified: 2017-03-01 19:59 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

Tags: Cycle9R
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments
IDE Log (132.35 KB, text/plain)
2017-02-23 05:19 UTC, Cliff Cawley
Details


Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE

Description Cliff Cawley 2017-02-23 05:06:24 UTC
Description of Problem:
Intellisense no longer works

Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Create a new project/open existing
2. Open a .cs file and begin typing something that usually presents intellisense (i.e. this.) or use control+space


Actual Results:
No intellisense is displayed

Expected Results:
Intellisense should be displayed

How often does this happen? 
Always

Additional Information:
Xamarin Studio Community
Version 6.2 (build 1821)
Installation UUID: 9ca34030-3e84-4448-93e2-ba039c28fabd
Runtime:
	Mono 4.8.0 (mono-4.8.0-branch/e4a3cf3) (64-bit)
	GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)

	Package version: 408000495

NuGet
Version: 3.5.0.0

Xamarin.Profiler
Version: 1.2.0
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Profiler.app/Contents/MacOS/Xamarin Profiler

Apple Developer Tools
Xcode 8.2.1 (11766.1)
Build 8C1002

Xamarin.Mac
Version: 3.0.0.393 (Xamarin Studio Community)

Xamarin Inspector
Version: 1.1.1.0
Hash: 607f1ba
Branch: 1.1-release
Build date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 18:57:39 GMT

Xamarin.Android
Version: 7.1.0.41 (Xamarin Studio Community)
Android SDK: /Users/cliff/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx
	Supported Android versions:
		2.3   (API level 10)
		4.0.3 (API level 15)
		4.1   (API level 16)
		4.3   (API level 18)
		4.4   (API level 19)
		5.0   (API level 21)
		5.1   (API level 22)
		6.0   (API level 23)
		7.0   (API level 24)

SDK Tools Version: 25.2.5
SDK Platform Tools Version: 25.0.3
SDK Build Tools Version: 24.0.2

Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.8.0_101"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_101-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.101-b13, mixed mode)

Android Designer EPL code available here:
https://github.com/xamarin/AndroidDesigner.EPL

Xamarin Android Player
Version: 0.6.5
Location: /Applications/Xamarin Android Player.app

Xamarin.iOS
Version: 10.4.0.123 (Xamarin Studio Community)
Hash: 35d1ccd
Branch: cycle9
Build date: 2017-02-16 17:40:00-0500

Build Information
Release ID: 602001821
Git revision: d41b6e51f3fa46a1943f2e31a778d28a7c73d069
Build date: 2017-02-17 15:18:19-05
Xamarin addins: 1363a8d943bab7700c93a97474060b6734aa7f94
Build lane: monodevelop-lion-cycle9

Operating System
Mac OS X 10.11.6
Darwin Cliffs-MacBook-Pro-3.local 15.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 15.6.0
    Mon Aug 29 20:21:34 PDT 2016
    root:xnu-3248.60.11~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Enabled user installed addins
ImageMultiplier 1.3.10
MFractor 2.07.02
Addin Maker 1.3.2
StyleCop Support 1.0.1.9
Prism Template Pack 1.5
SortAndRemoveOnSave 1.0
JSON Copy 1.1
Gorilla Player 0.9.1.2
XamlStyler 1.0.3
Manifest.addin 0.0.0.0
Comment 1 Cliff Cawley 2017-02-23 05:19:10 UTC
Created attachment 19917 [details]
IDE Log
Comment 2 Cliff Cawley 2017-02-23 05:26:15 UTC
Ah looks like I fixed mine by disabling the MFractor plugin I had enabled.
Comment 3 Mike Krüger 2017-02-25 07:45:44 UTC
Can't reproduce it with 6.2.

Seems that the plugin caused that - could be by interfering with the text editor chain.
Comment 4 Matthew Robbins 2017-03-01 13:56:08 UTC
Hi guys,

MFractor conflicted with the Roslyn version, it has been fixed in version 2.9.2: http://docs.mfractor.com/release-notes/v2-9/