Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Download this repo:
Run on Android device or emulator.
Do these steps:
1. Press the button "Next" a couple of times (OnAppearing calls is logged in the IDE output window).
2. Switch to the other tab (TAB 2)
3. Switch back to the first tab (TAB 1)
4. Now OnAppearing for all pages in the navigation stack is called instead of just the one on the top
5. Press the back button
6. No OnAppearing is called when moving back in the navigation stack
This bug is present only for Android when MainActivity inherits from Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.FormsApplicationActivity.
Thanks for the reproduction. Setting this to confirmed for now. There's another bug I know of that involves OnAppearing and TabbedPage but I think the behavior of this might be separate.
Should be fixed in 2.3.6-pre1. Thank you!