Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 19669 [details]
Xamarin Studio Versioninformations
After the Update
Version 6.2 (build 1798)
I got the following error message
/Users/andreas/Documents/Development/github/Tausendblatt/iOS/MTOUCH: Error MT1009: Could not copy the assembly '/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/10.4.0.97/lib/mono/Xamarin.iOS/mscorlib.dll' to '/Users/andreas/Documents/Development/github/Tausendblatt/iOS/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/Tausendblatt.iOS.app/mscorlib.dll': Access to the path "/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/10.4.0.97/lib/mono/Xamarin.iOS/mscorlib.dll.mdb" or "/Users/andreas/Documents/Development/github/Tausendblatt/iOS/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/Tausendblatt.iOS.app/mscorlib.dll.mdb" is denied. (MT1009) (Tausendblatt.iOS)
After I used your workaround, I could run the program.
shell command: sudo chmod 0644 monotouch.dll.mdb (this was not enough)
shell command: sudo chmod 0644 *.dll.mdb (I need this)
@Manuel, that seems related to your change for mdbrebase - that was the only fix in this week refresh (10.4.9.97)
@Andreas Thanks for the workaround. I didn't realize that because I couldn't see the mdb files in the folder so I assumed they are missing.
The full workaround is:
> sudo chmod 0644 /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/Current/lib/mono/*/*.mdb
*** Bug 52180 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I have tried to reproduce this issue with the template application of iOS but I am not sure about the exact steps to reproduce this issue.
I have create a template application and deploy it on device and then make some changes in the iOS app and then redeploy it on device without rebuild/cleaning it. But application deploy successfully on device.
It would be great if you provide some steps so that I can reproduce and verify it successfully.
Wasn't able to reproduce. I think it is not safe to mark it as verified until there are more steps to reproduce it.
Try installing Xamarin.iOS with one user account, and then building with another, I think that should reproduce it.
Today, I have tried to reproduce this issue by the steps given in comment 9 :
1. Install X.iOS build in User A
2. Create iOS Project in XS
3. Now login with User B on same machine
4. Try to build same project created in user A
getting following error i.e. :
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/iOS/Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets: Error: Error executing task IBTool: Access to the path "obj/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/ibtool-manifests" is denied. (digicam222)
However if I drag the same project on desktop of User B and then try to build it then it build successfully.
**I am getting above behaviour with both X.iOS i.e. 10.4.0.97 and 10.4.0.114**
IDE Logs : https://gist.github.com/Mohit-Kheterpal/732ba89c1a7ad016e018c4af3c43a779
Environment info :
Could you please let me know if I have to missed something to reproduce this issue
Same behavior here
@Mohit, try this:
1. Install XI using user A
2. Create new user B
3. Create & build new iOS project for user B.
if that won't reproduce the problem, please attach the output of this:
> ls -la /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/Current/lib/mono/*/*.mdb
> ls -la /path/to/project/directory
Yes, @Rolf Thanks
With steps mentioned in comment 12, I am able to reproduce this issue with X.iOS 10.4.0.97 and also observed that this issue has been fixed with C9 X.iOS 10.4.0.114.
Hence, closing this issue by marking this as Verified.
*** Bug 52364 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***