Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Go to any method and type "///" to add code comments.
You get the summary tags and the param tags added.
Now try to add one more line to the summary.
ENTER adds a new line but the "///" at the beginning of the line is missing.
Type the three slashes manually and another summery block is created inside the existing.
Annoying if you have to add long comments.
I can not reproduce this on 2.6 RC2.
Can you try that release?
If you can still reproduce it, reopen the bug, and provide a simple cut/paste of the text you are editing so we can review.
Hm, odd. I have 2.6 RC2. But I have tried a new solution now and it does not happen there.
But within my current project it is happening everywhere. For existing and new files.
If I copy a file or the content of a file from the solution where it is not working into a new solution, it works there too.
It looks like it is an issue with my solution but how can the solution possibly affect this behavior? Any idea how to fix my solution?
Could you help us?
make a copy of your solution, and make sure that the copy is still wrong.
Then start removing files from it, one by one, making sure every time that the error keeps happening. Remove as much code as you can, to the point that you would feel comfortable giving us a copy of your solution for us to look at.
Once you get to that point, zip the solution up and attach it to the bug.
Then reopen the status of this bug (currently set as NEEDINFO)
I'm sory cannot help anymore because the problem is gone! I just tried what you said to copy the solution and start removing files but it does not happen anymore.
Meanwhile I rebooted my machine and installed MD 2.4.2 in addition, that's all I changed.
Let's consider it "magically resolved"
2.8 contains some fixes in the doc generation. I suspect that that fixes it as well. It may be a miss detection in that case in the 2.6 line of the member.
The member locations are much more reliable in the 2.8 line.
Fixed in version 22.214.171.124 (monodevelop-5.9-branch)
Author: Vsevolod Kukol
Commit: b7926331dd3a5f31cc0e369b723496605b5365e1 (mono/xwt)
Included in Commit: cc4cd949960c4fc9864b0d36bd3bc1b9fcf14834 (mono/monodevelop)
Works for me in 5.x and 6.0.