Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 19615 [details]
• Windows 10.
• Version 1067.
• Build 14393.607.
Visual Studio and Xamarin:
• VS 2017 RC Enterprise.
• Xamarin For VS 18.104.22.1680.
• Xamarin Profiler 22.214.171.124
• Version: 2016.4
1. Install Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 (Enable .Net, Android Emulators, Mobile Development Features).
2. Launch Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 and Log in with valid VS details.
3. Map Xamarin Account to Visual Studio (Tools -> Xamarin Account -> provide Valid Credentials).
4. Create New project (Template C# -> Cross Platform -> Xamarin template).
5. Select Debug Mode -> ARM -> Select App Name.Droid -> Select Android Emulator.
6. Build the application (Application Should Build Successfully).
"1. Run Pre-requisite
2. Navigate to Top status bar of ""Visual Studio 2017 RC"" >Analyze> Xamarin Profiler> , then Press ENTER to launch Xamarin Profiler.
(Xamarin Profiler is launched.)
3. ""General"" tab button-> All Instruments-> ""Allocations"" of Instrument list-> Console tab item of ""Instrument detail area"""
The Localized control type for "console tab item" of Instrument detail area is "Edit"
The Localized control type for "console tab item" of Instrument detail area should be custom.
User will expect that these text are editable, but these are not. So user will be misguided.
Fixed in version 126.96.36.199 (master)
Author: Jose Miguel Torres
Commit: ecb8f378cf61b2534e6f0c60450de2bc0813882e (xamarin/profiler)
Bug is retested in the below build test environment:
• Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 d15rel Version 15.1 (26403.0) d15rel d15rel
• Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.6.01586
• Xamarin 188.8.131.529 (265d40a)
• Xamarin.Android SDK 184.108.40.206 (40f69c3)
• Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Mac SDK 10.10.0.4 (9245c1c)
• Xamarin Profiler Version 220.127.116.11
Actual result- It is working as mentioned in the expected result. Hence marking as verified
Created attachment 23387 [details]
Controltype _after fix
Verified the issue in version 18.104.22.168
Issue got fixed. Hence closing bug.