Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 19560 [details]
For the very first wizard of the Xamarin Profiler loss of focus happens for two TAB.
OS: OSX (Version: 10.11.6)
1. Install Xamarin Studio.
2. Launch Xamarin Studio.
3. Navigate to top menu bar of the Xamarin studio> File> New Solution> Press ENTER
("Choose a template for your new project" wizard is opened)
4. Navigate to App under Multiplatform> Forms app under Xamarin.Forms
5. Navigate to Next button> Press ENTER
('Configure your Form app' wizard is opened)
6. Fill the App name, check all the target platform-check box, select use portable class library radio button, use XAML for user interface files.
7. Navigate to Next button> Press ENTER
('Configure your new project" wizard is opened)
8. Navigate to Create> Press ENTER.
(New project is created)
"1. Run Pre-requisite
2. Navigate to Top status bar of ""Xamarin Studio"" > Run> Start Profiling, then Press ENTER to launch Xamarin Profiler.
(Xamarine Profiler is launched.)
3. Initial focus is on Cancel button(assumption), Press TAB (focus is on Start Profiling button), Press TAB (focus loss occurred), Press TAB (again focus is not visible).
4. Press TAB (focus is on Choose Target button)
5. Press Tab (Focus is on All instruments)
(Please refer the repro-screenshots)
Loss of focus occurred for Two TAB.
Loss of focus should not be occurred.
The user who completely rely on keyboard, won't able to interact with the interactive elements if focus loss occurs.
This should be fixed by the fix for bug #51826 and bug #51837
The bug is not yet fixed , hence reactivating this bug
The fix is not included in C9 (profiler 1.2.x) builds so please make sure you test with d15.1 (profiler 1.3.x) builds
This is fixed in d15-1 (1.4.0)
Blocked to Verify this Bug because this is dependent on Bug Id 51870 which is in REOPENED state
bug #51870 is about the main window, while this is about the New Session dialog window
Verified this bug on build :-
Visual Studio for Preview Version 10 (7.0 build 3002)
Xamarin.Profiler Verion: 1.5.4
Xamarin.iOS Version: 10.10.0.25 (Visual Studio Enterprise)
Xamarin.Android Version: 126.96.36.199 (Visual Studio Enterprise)
Build Information :-
Screencast link :-
Created attachment 22914 [details]
focus issue fixed
Verified issue, issue got fixed. Hence closing this bug.
Xamarin Studio version:6.3(build 731)
Xamarin profiler version:1.5.4-19