Bug 5157 - Monodevelop adding empty arrays into entitlements.plist
Summary: Monodevelop adding empty arrays into entitlements.plist
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Xamarin Studio
Classification: Desktop
Component: iOS add-in ()
Version: 3.0.x
Hardware: Macintosh Mac OS
: High normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jeffrey Stedfast
URL:
: 5173 ()
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2012-05-17 19:27 UTC by Felix Collins
Modified: 2012-05-18 13:07 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED FIXED

Description Felix Collins 2012-05-17 19:27:52 UTC
I find that after opening the solution I can no longer debug on the device.

Deployment Log:
Installation failed: Your code signing/provisioning profiles are not
correctly configured (error: 0xe8008016)

iOS Device Log:
May 17 15:13:45 unknown installd[3412] <Error>: entitlement
'com.apple.developer.ubiquity-container-identifiers' has value not permitted
by a provisioning profile

I checked for modifications to the entitlements.plist file and sure enough
the diff shows this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC &quot;-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN&quot;
&quot;http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd&quot;>
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
+       <key>com.apple.developer.ubiquity-container-identifiers</key>
+       <array/>
       <key>get-task-allow</key>
       <true/>
+       <key>keychain-access-groups</key>
+       <array/>
</dict>
</plist>


Where the + indicates an added line.  Not sure what this is supposed to do
but if I go to XCode and remove the added lines. Then rebuild on MD, the app deploys and runs on the device. On MonoDevelop 3.0 (3.0.1)Apple Developer Tools:   Xcode 4.2.1 (834) Build 4D502 Monotouch: 5.2.11
Comment 1 Jeffrey Stedfast 2012-05-18 13:05:41 UTC
*** Bug 5173 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 2 Jeffrey Stedfast 2012-05-18 13:07:13 UTC
ok, this is now fixed in git master & the 3.0-series branch, so it will be included in 3.0.2 when it is released (I don't know the timeline)

Thanks for the bug report!