Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
1. Launch Visual Studio RC 2017
2. Open File+New Project+Select "Crossplatform" from the Left Pane
3. Select "Cross Platform App"."New Crossplatform" window opens
4. Select "Blank App"
5. Press Ok button
6. Solution Window Appears at Right pane
7. Tab to the "Solution Explorer"
8. Tab to the iOS App Name(Of Ex: App2.iOS)
9. Using down arrow key navigate to "Entitlements.plist" and press Enter Key
10. "Entitlements.plist" window appears
11. Launch inspect tool
12. Navigate to "Entitlements" button in left pane.
13. Observe "LocalizedControlproperty" in inspect
14. Observe "IsSelectionItemPatternAvailable" property in inspect for the same button
15. Similarly observe "LocalizedControlproperty" and "IsSelectionItemPatternAvailable" properties in inspect for "Background Modes" button
1. LocalizedControlType is defined as "button"
2. "IsSelectionItem patternAvailable" property is "false"
1. LocalizedControlType should be defined as "tree item"
2. "IsSelectionItem patternAvailable" property should be "true"
[Refer to screenshot "Android-Properties-Inspect". Defined correctly]
1. If the "LocalizedControlType" is defined as "button",
Narrator reads as "Entitlements button","background button".
When visually impaired user select the button Focus remain on button. Nothing will be invoked. If user select any element under "Entitlements" tab user cannot identify under which tab the selected elements are defined.
For Ex: If user selects "iCloudcontainers" check box narrator reads only the control type and name.
If "Entitlements" is defined as "tree item" all the elements of "Entitlements" will comes under Entitlements hierarchy.
2. Visually impaired users cannot identify which tab is currently selected if "IsSelectionPatternavailable" pattern is false.
Created attachment 19253 [details]
Created attachment 19254 [details]
Created attachment 19255 [details]
Created attachment 19256 [details]
Narratror buddy log
Created attachment 24719 [details]
UI element has been changed
UI elements have been changed. "Entitlements" and "Background modes" tree items are not available in the current version, hence closing the bug.
Verified Visual Studio Build:
Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 d15rel
Version 15.4.0 Preview 3.0 [26912.0.d15rel]
Xamarin Version: 126.96.36.1994(d68a92f)