Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 19231 [details]
Screenshot of problematic ListViewAdapter code
1. have a listview in ListViewCachingStrategy.RecycleElement mode,
2. long-press to bring it into ContextAction mode
3. interact with the cell(s) again in the listview
the app receives an NRE and crashes.
Problems is due to the following:
1. In ListViewAdapter.cs on line 217 & 218 you'll find
ActionModeContext = null;
ContextView = null;
2. Setting the ContextView calls the setter in base CellAdapter.cs which on line 67 do:
var isSelected = (bool)ActionModeContext.GetValue(ListViewAdapter.IsSelectedProperty);
3. Notice that ActionModeContext is referenced in #2 even though it has just been set to null in #1
Please provide a sample project triggering this issue so we can confirm it and fix it.
The code you are referencing has changed since...
Because we have not received a reply to our request for more information we are closing this issue. If you are still encountering this issue, please reopen the ticket with the requested information. Thanks!