Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
1. Launch Visual Studio RC 2017
2. Open File+New Project+Select "Crossplatform" from the Left Pane
3. Select "Cross Platform App"."New Crossplatform" window opens
4. Select "Blank App"
5. Press Ok button
6. Solution Window Appears at Right pane
7. Tab to the "Solution Explorer"
8. Tab to the iOS App Name(Of Ex: App2.iOS) and press Shift+F10
9. Select "Properties" option from the list. press Enter Key. App2.iOS Properties window appears
10. Select "iOS Applications" tab from left pane
11. Launch inspect tool
12. Using Tab key Navigate to "Deployment Target" combo box
Observe "LocalizedControlType" property in inspect
Observe "IsExpandCollapsepatternAvialble" property in inspect
Same issue is observe in the below wizard also
1. Open File+New Project+Select "Crossplatform" from the Left Pane
2. Select "Cross Platform App"."New Crossplatform" window opens
3. Select "Blank App"
4. Press Ok button
5. Solution Window Appears at Right pane
6. Tab to the "Solution Explorer"
7. Tab to the iOS App Name(Of Ex: App2.iOS)
8. Using down arrow key navigate to "Entitlements" and press enter rkey. "Entitlements" tab appears.
9. Select "Background Modes" button from left pane.
10. Using Tab key Navigate to "Deployment Target" combo box
11. Observe "LocalizedControlProperty" and "IsExpandCollapsePatternAvaialble" property in inspect
From the left tree in inspect it is observed that
"Deployment Target" combo box is split into three items
Deployment Target Text-->combo box-->Edit-->Open button(Refer to screenshot "DeploymentTarget-ComboBox-Inspect")
"IsExpandCollapsePatternAvailable" property is false
Note: Same issue is observed for "Main Interface" combo box under "iPad development Info" button
Deployment Target Text, combo box, and open button should be grouped together as "Combo box" and there should not be "Debugger edit"
[Refer to screenshot "Reference-Device-Combobox-Inspect" defined correctly]
"IsExpandCollapsePatternavailable" property should be true
1. Screen reader reads "debugger" as "Editable edit" while navigating using tab key. Visually impaired user will miss the information "Debugger" is a combo box
2. Screen reader wont read state of the combo box whether it is in expanded/collapsed state
Created attachment 19188 [details]
the design change
Created attachment 24572 [details]
Scenario 1_UI element has been changed
Created attachment 24573 [details]
Scenario 2_UI element has been changed
UI elements have been changed, hence closing the bug.
Verified Visual Studio Build:
Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 d15rel
Version 15.4.0 Preview 2.0[26831.0.d15rel]