Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
1. Launch Visual Studio RC 2017
2. Open File+New Project+Select "Crossplatform" from the Left Pane
3. Select "Cross Platform App"."New Crossplatform" window opens
4. Select "Blank App"
5. Press Ok button
6. Solution Window Appears at Right pane
7. Tab to the "Solution Explorer"
8. Tab to the iOS App Name(Of Ex: App2.iOS) and press Shift+F10
9. Select "Properties" option from the list. press Enter Key. App2.iOS Properties window appears
10. Select "iOS Applications" tab from left pane
11. Launch inspect tool
Navigate to "Application Name" edit box and observe "Name" property in inspect
Navigate to "Identifier" edit box and observe "Name" property in inspect
Navigate to "Version" edit box and observe "Name" property in inspect
Navigate to "Build" Edit box and observe "Name" property in inspect
Navigate to "Deployment Target" combo box and observe "Name" property in inspect
Same issue is observe in the below wizard also
1. Open File+New Project+Select "Crossplatform" from the Left Pane
2. Select "Cross Platform App"."New Crossplatform" window opens
3. Select "Blank App"
4. Press Ok button
5. Solution Window Appears at Right pane
6. Tab to the "Solution Explorer"
7. Tab to the iOS App Name(Of Ex: App2.iOS)
8. Using down arrow key navigate to "Entitlements" and press enter rkey. "Entitlements" tab appears.
9. Select "Background Modes" button from left pane.
10. Observe "Name" property for the below edit boxes and combo boxes in inspect.
Application Name, Identifier, Version, build, Deployment Target
Name of "Application Name" edit box is defined as "Identifier"
Name property is empty for "Identifier" edit box
Name of "Version" edit box is defined as "Deployment target"
Name property is empty for "Build" Edit box
Name property is empty for "Deployment Target" combo box
Name property should be defined as "Application Name"
Name property should be defined as "Identifier"
Name property of edit box should be changed as "Version"
Name property should be defined as "Build"
Name property should be defined as "Deployment Target"
User Rely on screen reader cannot identify Name of the controls
Created attachment 19186 [details]
Inspect and Narrator buddy logs
the design change
UI elements has been changed. UI elements are not present in the current version, hence closing the bug.
Verified Visual Studio Build:
Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 d15rel
Version 15.4.0 Preview 2.0[26831.0.d15rel]
Created attachment 24568 [details]
Scenario 1_UI elements has been changed
Created attachment 24569 [details]
Scenario 2_UI elements has been changed