Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
1. Launch Visual Studio RC 2017
2. Open File+New Project+Select "Crossplatform" from the Left Pane
3. Select "Cross Platform App"."New Crossplatform" window opens
4. Select "Blank App"
5. Press Ok button
6. Solution Window Appears at Right pane
7. Tab to the "Solution Explorer"
8. Tab to the Android App Name(Of Ex: App2.Droid) and press Shift+F10
9. Select "Properties" option from the list. press Enter Key. Properties window appears
10. Select "Android options" from Left pane
11. Select "Advanced" tab item
12. Launch inspect tool
13. Navigate to "Java Max heap size" edit box and observe "name" property in inspect
14. Now navigate to ">" button and observe Name property in inspect
15. Navigate to "Http Client implementation" combo box and observe "name" property
1. Name property is empty for "Java Max Heap Size" edit box
2. Name property is defined as ">"
3. Name property is defined as "Java Max Heap size" for "http client implementation combo box"
1. Name property should be defined as "Java Max Heap Size"
2. Name property should be defined as "Pick variables" for ">" button
3. Name property should be changed as "http client implementation"
User Rely on screen reader cannot identify correct name of the control type
Created attachment 19179 [details]
Inspect and narrator buddy logs
Fixed in version 22.214.171.1248 (master)
Commit: 19a5d38d6408a263dbbdf60b53795c5da0984d74 (xamarin/XamarinVS)
Xamarin version 126.96.36.1998 (master) is not available.
Created attachment 25153 [details]
Issue is fixed-Inspect and Narrator buddy Logs
Verified the issue and the issue is fixed - Name property is appropriate for "Java Max Heap Size" edit box and "HTTPClient Implementation" combo box. And "Picker button" has been removed from the window, hence closing the bug.
Verified Windows Version:
Windows 10 Pro
OS Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.608)
Verified Visual Studio Build:
Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 d15rel
Version 15.5.0 Preview 1.0[27005.0.d15rel]
Xamarin Version: 188.8.131.529(50450332e)
Note: Please find the attached screenshot for more info.
[Screenshot: Issue is fixed-Inspect and Narrator buddy Logs]