Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 19171 [details]
1. Launch Visual Studio RC 2017
2. Open File+New Project+Select "Crossplatform" from the Left Pane
3. Select "Cross Platform App"."New Crossplatform" window opens
4. Select "Blank App"
5. Press Ok button
6. Open Tools-->Options
7. "Options" window opens. Navigate to "Xamarin" and expand.
8. Select "Others"
9. Tab to "Check now" button and click with mouse(Check now link is not opening with Enter Key)."Xamarin Visual studio Updates" window opens
i). Using Tab navigate to the Details drop down button
ii). Launch Inspect tool
iii). Observe "Name" property in inspect
iv). Observe "IsExpandCollapsePatternAvailable" property in inspect for the same button
i). Using Tab Navigate to the computer icon next to "ready to download" text.
1. Name property Is empty for Details button
2. "IsExpandCollapsePatternAvailable" property is false
LocalizedControlType is defined as button.
But if user press enter/ click on that button nothing happens. Its just an image
1. Name property should be defined as "Details"
2. "IsExpandCollapsePatternAvailable" property should be true
LocalizedControlType should be image
1. User Rely on screen reader cannot identify the name of the control. Screen reader reads only the control type if Name property is empty
2. Screen Reader cannot read whether the drop down button is in expanded/collapsed state
Created attachment 19172 [details]
Created attachment 19173 [details]
Narratorbuddy Log for Issue1 and issue2
The updater workflow (including all the UI elements from the "Others" tab in Tool-Options-Xamarin) has been removed from Visual Studio 2017, and all the updates are now handled by Willow.
That fixes this issue for Dev15.
Verified this issue in Microsoft visual studio enterprise 2017 d15prerel version 15.3.0 preview 3.0[26611.2.d15prerel] now "others" tab is removed.
Hence closing this bug.