Bug 51309 - Cannot connact to mac agent, System.MissingMethodException and Timeouts in logs
Summary: Cannot connact to mac agent, System.MissingMethodException and Timeouts in logs
Status: RESOLVED ANSWERED
Alias: None
Product: Visual Studio Extensions
Classification: Xamarin
Component: XMA ()
Version: 4.3.0 (C9)
Hardware: PC Windows
: --- blocker
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Bugzilla
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2017-01-09 17:21 UTC by Kyle White
Modified: 2017-01-09 18:02 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:

Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED ANSWERED

Description Kyle White 2017-01-09 17:21:02 UTC
I installed latest C9 bits on both my mac and win machines. Now I can't connect to my mac agent. Every time I open a new instance of VS and try to connect to my mac, it fails to connect and the log has a System.MissingMethodException in Newtonsoft. Subsequent connection attempts end in a timeout while initializing the broker. 

Talked to Mauro a bit about this on slack: https://xamarinhq.slack.com/archives/visual-studio/p1483980855002522
Logs: http://xqa.blob.core.windows.net/gist/ZipLogs.zip-9091edc11ec54f56a4beee5bbb11bd93.zip

Xamarin   4.3.0.546 (f5f9980)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android.

Xamarin.Android   7.1.0.17 (4833277)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.Android.

Xamarin.iOS   10.4.0.67 (6a925ff)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS.
Comment 1 Kyle White 2017-01-09 18:02:33 UTC
So this ended up being because I had Azure Data Lake tools installed. I removed them, cleared my MEF cache, and this problem went away.