Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 19038 [details]
Environment is Visual Studio 2015 Community. Steps:
1. New Project
2. Blank App (Xamarin.Forms Portable)
3. Defaults from there on
4. Update Xamarin.Forms NuGet package
5. Build Solution
1) Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Warning Unexpected error - Please file a bug report at http://bugzilla.xamarin.com. Reason: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly 'App1, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken='. Perhaps it doesn't exist in the Mono for Android profile? App11.Droid
2) Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Detail Description
Warning IDE0006 Error encountered while loading the project. Some project features, such as full solution analysis for the failed project and projects that depend on it, have been disabled. App11.Droid 1 Active To see what caused the issue, please try below.
1. Close Visual Studio
2. Open a Visual Studio Developer Command Prompt
3. Set environment variable “TraceDesignTime” to true (set TraceDesignTime=true)
4. Delete .vs directory/.suo file
5. Restart VS from the command prompt you set the environment varaible (devenv)
6. Open the solution
7. Check 'C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\\App11.Droid_*.designtime.log' and look for the failed tasks (FAILED)
C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Local\Temp\\App11.Droid_*.designtime.log is attached for reference.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 50914 ***
(For additional context in case it helps clear up some possible ambiguity, note that the first warning message about "Unexpected error" has changed to "The "ResolveLibraryProjectImports" task failed unexpectedly" in XamarinVS 4.2 and higher.
As discussed in Bug 50914, you can ignore these warnings if you don't need the missing IntelliSense features, or you can build all the dependencies of the Android project, or you you could try the hack mentioned at the bottom of Bug 50914, Comment 1.)