Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Currently the Android Device Logging window only displays the log in ascending order, with the newest at the bottom. This prevents new entries from being visible because the view is reset to the top when a new entry is added to the list. So either changing the display order to reverse chronological or not reseting the view back to the top would fix this issue.
I'd like this too. I find it unusable (I used the loggin view that comes with Android SDK) because every time a new event occurs it resets to the top.
It this component open source? It seems like a fairly quick fix if the source is available.
I have checked this issue and I am also getting the same behavior with XVS: 3.11.666. I observed that there is no option of sorting the device logging data.
Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013
Version 12.0.31101.00 Update 4
Microsoft .NET Framework
Installed Version: Professional
Xamarin 3.11.666.0 (ebae43a)
Xamarin.Android 22.214.171.124 (5f55a9ef61c11b6ce0890bc91e4c71b1b92be214)
Xamarin.iOS 126.96.36.199 (67b390d0d1bd741582cf7b7fd3ffea08583a3f83)
It's fixed with the changes included in the new Device Log feature (as part of C8).
Unfortunately, this new feature is only available for VS 2015 or VS 2017.
Marking the bug as resolved.