Bug 50553 - Android designer is not opening for any layout
Summary: Android designer is not opening for any layout
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Android
Classification: Xamarin
Component: Designer ()
Version: 7.0 (C8)
Hardware: PC Windows
: --- normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jérémie Laval
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2016-12-21 07:33 UTC by Hrvoje
Modified: 2017-05-17 12:45 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments
Xamarin log file (5.47 KB, text/plain)
2016-12-21 07:33 UTC, Hrvoje
Details


Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community or GitHub with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
RESOLVED FIXED

Description Hrvoje 2016-12-21 07:33:53 UTC
Created attachment 18956 [details]
Xamarin log file

Android designer is not opening for any layout.
It start happening suddenly.
If I take a look into log file, it seams it is contacting 52.8.17.138:443 and cannot get respond.
I tried to install different version of Xamarin, but problem remains.
Comment 1 Hrvoje 2016-12-21 20:38:39 UTC
I found out that this has nothing to do with logged error.

If your attrs.xml, styles.xml, dimens.xml etc. is empty, android designer won't open any layout.
These empty one xml-s were not yet translated and resided in values-hr folder.

It would be grate if you corrected that bug.
Just to understand the proportion of problem, I lost 10 hours trying to find the problem, and it would be good that no one else faces the same issue in the future.