Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
I'm receiving the following error using VS2015 up3 when trying to build, rebuild or clean my XF PCL project. I see that bug 44570 has similar symptoms and was resolved in an earlier build.
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error The "RemoveDir" task failed unexpectedly.
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'BuildClient'.
at Xamarin.VisualStudio.Build.BuildClient.CheckDisposed() in C:\data\lanes\3513\872717c9\source\xamarinvs\src\MSBuild\Xamarin.VisualStudio.Build\BuildClient.cs:line 257
at Xamarin.VisualStudio.Build.BuildClient.DeleteDirectoryAsync(String path) in C:\data\lanes\3513\872717c9\source\xamarinvs\src\MSBuild\Xamarin.VisualStudio.Build\BuildClient.cs:line 179
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.RemoveDir.Execute() in C:\data\lanes\3513\872717c9\source\xamarinvs\src\MSBuild\Xamarin.MacDev.Tasks\MsBuildTasks\RemoveDir.cs:line 18
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.<ExecuteInstantiatedTask>d__26.MoveNext() BudgetPOC.iOS
Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015
Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
Microsoft .NET Framework
Installed Version: Enterprise
Xamarin 18.104.22.168 (872717c)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android.
Xamarin.Android 22.214.171.124 (ce955cc)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.Android.
Xamarin.iOS 10.2.1.5 (44931ae)
Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS.
The bug you are mentioning was fixed some time ago, but this might be related.
Can you please add the following information, right after hitting the issue?
1. Xamarin Logs
Go to the menu "Help - Xamarin - Zip Logs". Please attach that zip file to the bug report.
If you can connect to the Mac, then please run that command being connected to the Mac, that way we'll get the Mac logs as well.
If you cannot connect to the Mac, can you please zip and attach the content of the log files from the Mac located at "~/Library/Logs/Xamarin-4.3/"?.
2. Diagnostic Build Output
Go to the menu "Tools - Options" and from the left panel: "Projects And Solutions - Build And Run" and change "MSBuild Output Verbosity" to "Diagnostic", and then build / clean the solution. Copy the Build Output from the Output window and share it (maybe in a gist or as a zip file).
With that information we should be able to investigate this issue.
I'm setting the Target Milestone to C9SR1 so it's under our radar and we can take a look soon after we get the details.
Thanks Jose. It hasn't happened in the last 24 hours or so since i updated to the latest version, but I will update this thread with the requested information if/when it does occur.
Created attachment 18951 [details]
Xamarin Logs from PC
Created attachment 18952 [details]
Xamarin Logs from Mac
Created attachment 18953 [details]
Diagnostic MSBuild output from PC
Created attachment 18954 [details]
Diagnostic Clean output from PC
I've attached the requested files.
Please let me know if there is anything additional I can provide you with. Thanks again.
I'm changing the Status back to NEW as the information has been provided.
We'll investigate and keep you updated with the progress.
Hi Lyndon, I just took a look at the logs and it seems they're comming from a successful build. Did you tackle the issue again in the last few days? Please let us know if we should continue investigating the issue or if we could mark the bug as resolved. Thanks, Adrian
Hello Adrian. The issue is not resolved. I ran into the issue just yesterday. the reason the output is showing as successful is because the build did succeed after changing the build output to diagnostic. I followed the steps outlined verbatim in your request. The build initially failed, then I performed step #1. Then I changed the build output to diagnostic in step #2. When I rebuilt the project to get the diagnostic output, the build succeeded.
As previously mentioned, I ran into the issue once yesterday. If needed, I'll keep my output on diagnostics so I can catch all of the information you may need to diagnosis it (if you don't currently have everything you need now).
Please excuse any grammar errors. This was typed on a phone
This issue has been resolved for the last few months.