Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
When using the Import Symbol feature it will delete text on the following line after importing the namespace.
1) Enter Type that needs a namespace import
2) Highlighting Type name
3) Pressing control+option+space
4) Entering Name of the type
5) Hitting enter.
Mono 2.10.9 (tarball Tue Apr 17 18:59:12 EDT 2012)
Package version: 210090010
Should work on master.
This still happens for me on the 5529a Revision of MD installed from Wrench.
What I've noticed about the reproduction of this bug is it can be a little tricky and here is how I've witnessed it.
1) Open the Import Symbol Menu (control+option+space)
2) Start Typing the Symbol you want
3) Hit 'Enter'
Doing it this way seems to cause it to happen about 50% of the time.
The reproduction steps that cause it to happen all the time for me are.
1) Start typing in the Symbol
2) Use Command+Shift+Left Arrow to highlight the entered text
3) Open the Import Symbol Menu (control+option+space)
4) Start typing the Symbol Name
5) Hit 'Enter' on the Symbol name in the Completion window.
It's not really easy to get it right - but I've fixed this special case.
btw. highlighting is not required for the import symbol command.