Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
After using the version control update feature to a file (or project) when that file is open (and only when that file is open) the file does not get updated to reflect the changes. You must close the file and re-open to see the new changes.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Commit a code change to a project file (a comment is probably best) from a different computer.
2. Open up that same project in a different computer (or vm)
3. Open the file that was changed
4. Right click on the file in the solution explorer
5. Go to Version Control -> Update
6. Wait for the version control feature at the bottom of MD showing the file was updated
Open file does not display the change
Open file should show the changes
Close the file then re-open it and you should see the changes
MD: tested on alpha and latest stable (220.127.116.11)
Commit b6a832d6f should fix this.