Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
1) download nhibernate
2) navigate thusly: Edit > Preferences... > XML Schemas
3) import "nhibernate-mapping.xsd" schema
4) assign the schema from step 3 to extension ".hbm.xml"
5) create a file with the extension ".hbm.xml"
6) observe that there is no intellisense. if an extension without a dot in the middle is used (such as ".hbmxml") things work smoothly, however nhibernate looks for mapping files with .hbm.xml extensions.
Note: MonoDevelop 2.9.5 was installed from source cloned from git. Running on Slackware 13.37.
@mhucth: is .hbmxml valid in that case ? (If it would be another language or something different I would say .hbm.xml is the way to go and that we don't support .hbmxml - but .xml is a bit different)
ProjectFileCollection probably needs a Dictionary to make GetFile performant. Currently it does linear lookups.
Oops, wrong tab.
Answer for this one is: The XML addin should probably check the filename ending, not extension.
Fixed in master.