Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 17338 [details]
When a DatePicker instance is instantiated the value of the Date property is automatically set to the date the application was launched, not to the current date.
When the systemdate changes (manually or because midnight passes) while the application is running, the Date property of new DatePicker instances will default to the original 'current date', not to the new one.
## Steps to reproduce
1. Launch the attached test project to an Android or iOS device or simulator. Two DatePickers and one Label will be displayed all showing the current (system) date.
2. Change the system date of the device
3. Click 'New' to open a new instance of the same View containing two new DatePicker instances and one new Label.
Expected result: both the two new DatePicker instances and the Label should show the new system date.
Actual result: the 2nd DatePicker, for which the Date was explicitly set to the current system date, shows the correct date, but the 1st DatePicker for which no value was set, defaults to the original date (launch date of the app).
This is already in master now: https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/423
I have checked this issue with latest forms version 220.127.116.11-pre4 and still getting same issue on both android and iOS.
Hence reopen this issue.
I'm not sure if it was released yet. Maybe it will appear in the next pre1.
@Adrianknight, I have checked this issue with latest pre version 2.3.4-pre1 and still getting same issue as mentioned in comment #3.
I confirm that https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/423 was not a fix for this issue.
will be fixed in 2.3.6-pre1