Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
This sounds like the F# targets are missing. What kind of project are you trying to build?
## Steps to reproduce:
Install cycle8 alpha builds.
Create an F# IOS project and build it.
## Actual Output:
App fails to build with errors: error : Target named 'Clean' not found in the project.
## Test Env:
>>This sounds like the F# targets are missing. What kind of project are you trying to >> build?
I tested with iOS template/Cross platform template projects.
What version of Xamarin.iOS do you have?
>> What version of Xamarin.iOS do you have?
I am testing with Xamarin.iOS Version: 126.96.36.199 (Visual Studio Enterprise), Hash: 40db5d1 Branch: cycle8.
## Test Env:
Not sure why it isn't working for you. It works fine here.
Could you try this please from a terminal?
From commandline Project is building successfully.
## Build Log:
I checked on a different machine and the f# project did build on it.
Build Log: https://gist.github.com/GouriKumari/d1e5616f30c37ac1fce5b0d18f90a228
## Test Env:
=== Xamarin Studio Business ===
Version 6.1 (build 5338)
Installation UUID: d0bcb2a1-f409-4109-a304-22fd8e79047a
Mono 4.6.0 (mono-4.6.0-branch/e571108) (64-bit)
GTK+ 2.24.23 (Raleigh theme)
Package version: 406000138
=== NuGet ===
=== Xamarin.Profiler ===
=== Apple Developer Tools ===
Xcode 7.3 (10183.3)
=== Xamarin.iOS ===
Version: 188.8.131.52 (Xamarin Business)
Build date: 2016-08-11 18:59:56-0400
=== Xamarin.Android ===
Version: 184.108.40.206 (Xamarin Business)
Android SDK: /Users/xamarinqa/Library/Developer/Xamarin/android-sdk-macosx
Supported Android versions:
2.3 (API level 10)
4.0.3 (API level 15)
4.4 (API level 19)
SDK Tools Version: 24.1.2
SDK Platform Tools Version: 22.0.0
SDK Build Tools Version: 22.0.1
Java SDK: /usr
java version "1.7.0_71"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_71-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.71-b01, mixed mode)
Android Designer EPL code available here:
=== Xamarin Android Player ===
=== Xamarin.Mac ===
Version: 220.127.116.11 (Xamarin Business)
=== Build Information ===
Release ID: 601005338
Git revision: 860f5d2e358077f913badaf7b14c5532888bf12c
Build date: 2016-08-11 16:20:43-04
Xamarin addins: 8bea879bcb4de08213fff5812fd54323d79889d6
Build lane: monodevelop-lion-cycle8
=== Operating System ===
Mac OS X 10.11.5
Darwin xqa-xi-elcapitan-3.xamarinqa.local 15.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 15.5.0
Tue Apr 19 18:36:36 PDT 2016
Hmm.. do you have any other machines that you can test on? I still can't reproduce this.
*** Bug 43460 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Upgraded my versions to
PATH Mono (/usr/local/bin/mono):
FX Mono (/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Commands/mono):
Xcode (via xcode-select -p): /Applications/Xcode.app:
09:52 $ mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 4.6.0 (mono-4.6.0-branch/d0fc1a6 Tue Aug 16 10:27:45 EDT 2016)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
>>Hmm.. do you have any other machines that you can test on? I still can't reproduce >>this.
I compared the gist attached in comment #2 (failed) and comment #7(passed). In failed gist Language was set to English in Environment->VisualStyle. Somehow this setting is causing the build error that I am seeing. When I changed it back to default, restarted XS and rebuilt F# project it built fine.
I believe setting user interface language is causing the issue.
## Build Logs:
Passed (after setting language interface to default): https://gist.github.com/GouriKumari/cae610474954d6b4aa7383246ce78aa3
Fix here http://storage.bos.xamarin.com/macios-mac-cycle8/39/39b13fecbae54dc5b8f62ca56aa295c797d4dc95/xamarin.ios-18.104.22.168.pkg
This is the fix for alpha - http://storage.bos.xamarin.com/macios-mac-xcode8/e4/e4e02bfd1c3bb2429c21e2b16f2a3770c6ea6df5/xamarin.ios-22.214.171.124.pkg
I am able to reproduce this issue with current alpha builds and observed that this issue has been fixed in Xcode 8 build of XI i.e. xamarin.ios-126.96.36.199_e4e02bfd1c3bb2429c21e2b16f2a3770c6ea6df5 and cycle 8 build of XI 188.8.131.52
Now I am able to build iOS application when I set user interface Language to 'English' in XS->Preferences->Visual Style.
Hence closing this issue by marking it as Verified.