Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 16836 [details]
referenced project in op, reproduction
I'm encountering a deployment failure when I attempt to deploy a configuration that targets a different manifest file.
The deployment error:
Deployment failed because of an internal error: Could not find file "/Users/pete/multiconfigs/multiconfigs/bin/Debug/com.peteschmitz.multiconfigstwo-Signed.apk".
Find and deploy the correct apk that was generated in the build process.
- There are three configurations in the attached project - Debug, Debug_Two, Release.
- The debug configurations have MSBuild instructions to target different manifest files (AndroidManifest.xml, AndroidManifest-Two.xml respectively)
- The only difference within these manifests is the package name.
- The build process works fine for both configurations - both generate signed apks with the correct manifests, named appropriately to their corresponding package names (com.peteschmitz.multiconfigs-Signed.apk, com.peteschmitz.multiconfigstwo-Signed.apk).
- Only one of these configurations properly deploys to my simulator after the build process (Debug_Two). For the other configuration (Debug), Xamarin attempts to deploy using the other configuration's package name (com.peteschmitz.multiconfigstwo-Signed.apk), resulting in the above deployment failure.
Are there any workarounds that I may incorporate to retain proper deployment for both configs through Xamarin's IDE?
Mac OS X 10.11.3
Xamarin Studio Indie: 5.10.3
Android SDK Tools: 24.4.1
Android SDK Platform Tools: 23.0.1
Android SDK Build Tools: 23.0.2
Any acknowledgement regarding this?
This essentially nullifies any multi-configuration support on Android since I don't believe I can attach the process externally for debugging.
Unfortunately, we’re unable to reproduce this report using the latest versions of Xamarin.Android (18.104.22.168). If this issue is still occurring for you, please reopen this issue and attach a diagnostic build report and any new steps to take with the project.