Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 16814 [details]
All the error messages that I am receiving
Error when trying to create a Blank App for Xamarin.Forms
All the errors that are listed have been sent through the attachments.
Can't seem to get past this error.
Dont have the best knowledge with Xamarin so not too sure where the error lies.
My guess is that your `$(TargetFrameworkVersion)` value is set to v2.2, and I have no idea how that happened short of hand-editing the .csproj.
Please go to Project Properties > Application tab, and change the "Compile using Android version" drop-down to something after v4.0:
Thanks for your speedy reply. I have changed it in the .csproj as the 'compile using android version' only showed 1 option "Use Latest Platform"
I now have a new error of System.ObjectModel could not be found.
Created attachment 16816 [details]
Created attachment 16817 [details]
Sorry sent the wrong attachment here is the error message
Please attach your project for further analysis.
Created attachment 16818 [details]
Sorry is there any way to attach the project, not sure how to do this successfully?
> is there any way to attach the project
Zip up the project directory, and attach the .zip file.
Hi the file was too big to send over here so I have emailed it to you at
Hi did you manage to take a look at the problem as i am still having the issue?
Created attachment 16852 [details]
Project from Comment #9 with all bin, obj, and packages directories removed. This greatly reduces the repro size, as the contents of all of those directories can be recreated w/o being included in the .zip.
The App1.Droid project builds without error for me on macOS.
I've asked someone to try building Attachment #16852 [details] on Windows as well.
@sandeep.rayat: Would it be possible for you to get diagnostic build output?
I'm able to build and deploy attachment 16852 [details] without any issue using VS2015 and XA 22.214.171.124.
I'm curious about your Android SDK setup. Could you navigate to the Android SDK Location outlined in Tools -> Options -> Xamarin -> Android Settings and list the content of the "platforms" directory?
Additionally, could you please list the directory content of the following path - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\"?
If you are not seeing any valid target frameworks other than "Use Latest Platform" then I believe one of the SDKs has not been installed or configured correctly.
Thanks for getting back to me, I am attaching the build output as an attachment
Ahh the SDK Location seems to be empty. There seems to be nothing there.
It reads No Android SDK found.
When i try to access Tools- Android -
There seems to be nothing there either. (See second attachment)
The directory content for MonoAndroid shows:
Created attachment 16857 [details]
Created attachment 16858 [details]
Screenshot of Tools Android
Tools Android Screenshot
Hi, I have updated my Android SDK and have attached some relevant screenshots of the errors I am now getting.
I have also shown my Android SDK settings and Android SDK manager.
Please let me know if you need more information.
Created attachment 16865 [details]
The original value of targetFrameworkVersion=2.2 is a bug on XVS. It has fixed.
As a workaround try to set a valid value following the comment 1 steps:
Please go to Project Properties > Application tab, and change the "Compile using
Android version" drop-down to something after v4.0:
We've fixed the root cause for the issue and it will come out in our next alpha drop.
Please do reopen it if you see this happening again afterwards.