Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in
Please join us on
Visual Studio Developer Community and in the
Mono organizations on
GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain
available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work
on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations
as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related
Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug
tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we
make these adjustments and improvements for the future.
Please create a new report on
Developer Community or GitHub with
your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error
messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to
this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.
Created attachment 16710 [details]
Screenshot of Dianogstic Tools output in VS 2015
I've been trying to develop for Xamarin Forms (184.108.40.206) using UWP and utilizing Sqlite-net-pcl in the process. I tried adding a UWP project to my existing XF app and noticed a ton of errors when calling Sqlite-net-pcl classes and methods from a PCL class, so I decided to see if I could reproduce this with an entirely new solution. To my delight, I was able to. I checked around and made sure that my projects had the same NuGet package versions and also made sure I had the SQLite Universal package and the VS 2015 C++ references added to my UWP package.
The error seems to be a false positive, but it does make debugging weird.
This happens only when Xamarin Forms is involved. I tested with a simple PCL library sans XF that I call directly from my UWP's MainPage.xaml and I get no FileNotFoundExceptions. I even attempted to add the class that held my Sqlite-net calls in the rendererAssemblies list that gets called on Forms.Init, and that did nothing for me.
My issue should be easy to reproduce. Create a solution, add XF, and a PCL. Add Sqlite-net-pcl to all projects. Create a class within the PCL and simply try to add a SQLite db and insert random test data to it.
I can add more information if needed.
Hi this is not a Xamarin.Forms particular issue. Please take a look at other SQLite samples on UWP and Xamarin
Make sure you are using the correct SQLite versions.
I am definitely using the correct SQLite versions. As I said, it only happens when I am particularly using Xamarin Forms and calling from a PCL. In another project that I created that was purely UWP using the SAME packages, I don't get this issue. As soon as I call sqlite-net-pcl from a PCL from within Xamarin.Forms, I get errors. I cannot reproduce this issue when it's not being called from Xamarin Forms. Heck, if I move the code directly to the Device Project's Main.xaml.cs and run it, I don't even get the issue.
You need to check with sqlite-net-lcl github project since it's a a package related issue.
I don't know if it's purely a PCL issue though. I only get this when I'm calling it from the Xamarin Forms PCL project. If I call it from any other PCL, then I have no issue.