Bug 41962 - Intermittent FileNotFoundExceptionion Mac Agent when building iOS templates
Summary: Intermittent FileNotFoundExceptionion Mac Agent when building iOS templates
Status: VERIFIED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE
Alias: None
Product: Visual Studio Extensions
Classification: Xamarin
Component: XMA ()
Version: unspecified
Hardware: PC Mac OS
: Normal normal
Target Milestone: 15.4
Assignee: mag@xamarin.com
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2016-06-17 19:49 UTC by Ben Beckley
Modified: 2017-06-27 22:03 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

Tags:
Is this bug a regression?: ---
Last known good build:


Attachments
Log files (6.34 KB, application/zip)
2016-06-17 19:50 UTC, Ben Beckley
Details


Notice (2018-05-24): bugzilla.xamarin.com is now in read-only mode.

Please join us on Visual Studio Developer Community and in the Xamarin and Mono organizations on GitHub to continue tracking issues. Bugzilla will remain available for reference in read-only mode. We will continue to work on open Bugzilla bugs, copy them to the new locations as needed for follow-up, and add the new items under Related Links.

Our sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed on this bug tracker over the years. Thanks also for your understanding as we make these adjustments and improvements for the future.


Please create a new report on Developer Community with your current version information, steps to reproduce, and relevant error messages or log files if you are hitting an issue that looks similar to this resolved bug and you do not yet see a matching new report.

Related Links:
Status:
VERIFIED NOT_REPRODUCIBLE

Description Ben Beckley 2016-06-17 19:49:12 UTC
I've been hitting intermittent failures when running iOS template tests where we simply check if they build.

This is the error I am getting (full stack trace linked):
>System.IO.FileNotFoundException: /Users/Ben/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/MasterDetailUniversaliOSApp/a39c7f21b265e45ba9a473b806c14ce7/obj/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/ibtool-link does not exist
https://gist.github.com/BenBeckley/47e5160ca45b0a261d2a17a33cb80f33

The odd thing is I only encounter this in UITests, and have seldom hit this while trying to manually reproduce it. If I grab the same project that was being tested, it builds fine. These failures don't occur with every test, but when a test fails it can be reproduced consistently by rerunning that test case.

I am still investigating and will come back with more info as I find it.
Comment 1 Ben Beckley 2016-06-17 19:50:50 UTC
Created attachment 16386 [details]
Log files
Comment 2 Ben Beckley 2017-06-27 22:03:47 UTC
Haven't run into this issue in a while.. marking as not reproducible.